Thank you for choosing to be part of our community at Yourlifestyle, doing business as Yourwellness Publishing (“Yourwellness”, “we”, “us”, or “our”). We are committed to protecting your personal information and right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about our policy or our practices with regard to your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Table of Contents:
- What information do we collect?
- How do we use your information?
- Your Rights and Preferences as data subjects in the EU
- Will your information be shared with anyone?
- Who will your information be shared with?
- Is your information transferred internationally?
- How long do we keep your information?
- How do we keep your information safe?
- Do we collect information from minors?
- What are your privacy rights?
- How do you Access, Correct, or delete your account?
- Do we make updates to this policy?
- How can you contact us about this policy?
1. What Information do we collect?
When you register for the Yourlifestyle application, we collect encrypted personal information that you provide to us such as name, phone number, and contact information.
As you continue to use the service, we collect personal information that you voluntarily provide when using the Yourlifestyle application. This information may include your lifestyle, food preferences, health or medical conditions (if any), health goals, and other fitness regimes.
At times, we may collect your purchase history. We use third-party processors such as Google Play Store, Apple App Store, and PayPal to process your payments. If you make purchases, data necessary to process your payment, such as your payment instrument number (such as a credit card number), and the security code associated with the payment method will be collected by the third-party processors. We, however, collect your purchasing history, which is any transactions of features you may have bought in order to deliver the experience you desire on the application.
All personal information that you provide must be true, complete, and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information.
If you choose not to provide certain data, the quality of your experiences may be impacted.
Information automatically collected:
Some information, such as IP addresses, and/or browser and device characteristics is collected automatically when you use the application for security, analytics, and reporting purposes.
- Location Information: We may request access or permission to track location-based information from your mobile device, either continuously or while you are using our mobile application, to provide location-based services. If you wish to change our access or permissions, you may do so in your device’s settings.
- Mobile Device Access: We may request access or permission to certain features from your mobile device, including your mobile device’s calendar, camera, contacts, microphone, reminders, sensors, SMS messages, and storage to provide additional features within the Sites or Apps. If you wish to change our access or permissions, you may do so in your device’s settings.
- Mobile Device Data:We may automatically collect device information (such as your mobile device ID, model, and manufacturer), operating system, version information, and IP address.
- Push Notifications: We may request to send you push notifications regarding your account or the mobile application. If you wish to opt out from receiving these types of communications, you may turn them off in your device’s settings.
- Log Data: We may use the log data generated through the use of our Apps for continuous improvement and bug fixes.
2. How do we use your information?
We process your information for purposes based on legitimate business interests, the fulfillment of our contract with you, compliance with our legal obligations, and/ or your consent.
We use personal information collected via the application for a variety of business purposes described below. We process your personal information for these purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interests (“Business Purposes”), in order to enter into or perform a contract with you (“Contractual”), with your consent (“Consent”, and/ or for compliance with our legal obligations (“Legal Reasons”). We indicate the specific processing grounds we rely on next to each purpose listed below.
We may use the information we collect or receive:
- To facilitate account creation and login process.
- To help you keep a track of your nutrition, health and fitness regimes.
- To send administrative information to you. We may use your personal information to send you product, service and new feature information and/or information about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- Fulfil and manage your orders. We may use your information to fulfil and manage your orders, payments, returns, and exchanges made through the Sites or Apps.
- To protect our Sites. We may use your information as part of our efforts to keep our Sites or Apps safe and secure (for example, for fraud monitoring and prevention).
- To enable user to-user communications. We may use your information in order to enable user to-user communications with each user’s consent.
- To enforce our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm. If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond.
- For other Business Purposes. We may use your information for other Business Purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Sites or Apps, products, services, marketing and your experience.
- We may collect special categories of personal data, such as health or fitness-related data that you volunteer into the application. This information is collected and may be used by us to deliver personalised programs to help you with your overall well-being.
4. Your Rights and Preferences as data subjects in the EU
Since new legislation was passed in the European Union (EU), called the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), this gives certain rights to individuals who are EU data subjects in relation to personal data.
Subject to the GDPR and applicable law’s limitations, the rights afforded to you if you are an EU data subject include the following:
- Right to be informed: You have a right to be informed about the manner in which your personal data is collected and used, which we have endeavoured to do through this policy.
- Right to rectification: You have a right to submit a request to amend or update your personal data if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to restrict: You have a right to send us a request to temporarily or permanently stop processing all or some of your personal information.
- Right to data portability: You have the right to request us to provide you with a copy of your personal data in an electronic format, and you can transmit that personal data for using another third-party’s service/ product.
- Right of Access: You have the right to access the personal data you have provided by requesting us to provide you with the same.
- Right to erasure: You have a right to request us to delete your personal data.
- Right to object: You have a right, at any time, to object to our processing of your personal data under certain circumstances. You have an absolute right to object us processing your personal data for the purposes of direct marketing.
- Right not to be subject to automated decision-making: You have a right to not be a subject to a decision based solely on automated decision-making, including profiling.
Should you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, you can contact us as detailed in section 16 below.
5. Will your information be shared with anyone?
We only share information with your consent, to comply with laws to protect your rights, or to fulfil business obligations. We may process or share data based on the following legal basis:
- We may process your data if you have given us specific consent to use your personal information in a specific purpose.
- Legitimate Interests. We may process your data when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests.
- Performance of a Contract. Where we have entered into a contract with you, we may process your personal information to fulfil the terms of our contract.
- Legal Obligations. We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal processes, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests. We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- More specifically, we may need to process your data or share your personal information, except information as mentioned in “What information we do not collect?” above, in the following situations:
- Vendors, Consultants, and Other Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your data with third-party vendors, service providers, contractors, or agents who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. Examples include payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service and marketing efforts. We may allow selected third parties to use tracking technology on the Sites or Apps, which will enable them to collect data about how you interact with the Sites or Apps over time. This information may be used to, among other things, analyse and track data, determine the popularity of certain content and better understand online activity. Unless described in this Policy, we do not share, sell, rent, or trade any of your information with third parties for their promotional purposes.
- Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
6. Who will your information be shared with?
We may employ other companies or people to assist us in providing certain components of our services in compliance with the provisions of this policy. To do so, we may need to share your data with them.
Where applicable, if the entities to which these transfers are effected are not situated in countries deemed ‘adequate’ by the European Commission or are not registered under the EU-US Privacy Shield framework, we shall enter into appropriate Data Protection Addendums with the transferee parties that comprehensively protect your data. We shall also put in place industry-standard technical and organisational measures (including robust data handling policies) to ensure that such transfers are completed in accordance with applicable laws.
We only share and disclose your information with the following third parties. We have categorised each party so that you may easily understand the purpose of our data collection and processing practices. If we have processed your data based on your consent and you wish to revoke your consent, please contact us.
- Web and Mobile Analytics
- Google Analytics for Firebase
7. Is your information transferred internationally?
We may transfer, store, and process your information in countries other than your own. Our servers are located in India. If you are accessing our application from outside India, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed by us in our facilities and by those third parties with whom we may share your personal information in India, and other countries.
8. How long do we keep your information?
When we have no ongoing legitimate need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymise it, or if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
9. How do we keep your information safe?
We aim to protect your personal information through a system of organisational and technical security measures.
We have implemented industry-standard and organisational measures by using a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your data from unauthorised access, use, loss, destruction or disclosure. When we collect particularly sensitive data, it is encrypted using industry- standard encryption techniques including but not limited to AES256 and TLS.
The collection, storage, usage and sharing of your data by the company shall be in compliance with applicable laws. However, please also remember that we cannot guarantee that the internet itself is 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our Sites or Apps is at your own risk. You should only access the services within a secure environment.
No transmission over the internet is completely secure, so we can’t absolutely guarantee that unauthorized parties won’t be able to defeat our security measures. You use the app at your own risk and are responsible for taking reasonable measures to secure your account (such as choosing a strong, unique password and keeping it secret).
10. Do we collect information from minors?
We do not knowingly collect data from or market to children under 13 years of age. By using the Sites or Apps, you represent that you are at least 13 or that you are the parent or guardian of such minor and consent to such minor dependant’s use of the Sites or Apps. If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data, we have collected from children under the age of 13, please contact us at email@example.com
11. What are your privacy rights?
In some regions, such as the European Economic Area, you have rights that allow you greater access to and control over your personal information. You may review, change, or terminate your account at any time.
In some regions (like the European Economic Area), you have certain rights under applicable data protection laws. These may include the right:
- To request access and obtain a copy of your personal information
- To request rectification or erasure
- To restrict the processing of your personal information
- And, if applicable, to data portability.
In certain circumstances, you may also have the right to object to the processing of your personal information. To make such a request, please use the contact information provided. We will consider and act upon any request in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
If we are relying on your consent to process information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note however that this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before its withdrawal.
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority.
12. How do you access, correct or delete your account?
You may request access, correction, or deletion of the data from your account by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. You may note that deletion of certain data, or withdrawal of consent may lead to cancellation of your registration with us or your access to our services.
Based on technical feasibility, we will provide you with access to all your personal and sensitive personal data that we maintain about you. We will perform a verification before providing you access to this data.
You have the ability to opt-out of marketing emails, by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link provided in emails. However, we may still send your non-marketing emails about your account or any other transactions with you.
13. Do we make updates to this policy?
14. How can you contact us about this policy?
If you have any questions, comments, or requests for account deletions, please email us at email@example.com or by post to:
Yourwellness Publishing Ltd
13 Montpelier Avenue
Version 2 – June 2023